This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A Makefile.in patch
- To: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu)
- Subject: Re: A Makefile.in patch
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at rabi dot columbia dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 23:30:57 -0500
- cc: egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
On Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:58:18 -0800 (PST), H.J. Lu wrote:
>It fixed a VPATH bug.
> * Makefile.in (install-cpp): Use $? instead of cpp.sh.
It will break non-GNU make. $? is only safe to use in suffix rules.
You want to use $(srcdir).
I sent in a big patch cleaning up this area once and for all - Jeff,
have you had time to look at it?