This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A patch for "statement with no effect" warnings in intl calls
- To: ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu
- Subject: Re: A patch for "statement with no effect" warnings in intl calls
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at markmitchell dot com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:40:51 -0800
- CC: egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- References: <199903131821.NAA18172@caip.rutgers.edu>
- Reply-to: mark at markmitchell dot com
>>>>> "Kaveh" == Kaveh R Ghazi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Kaveh> My use of void casts is in the context of silencing a
Kaveh> gcc warning, not lint. The gcc documentation itself
Kaveh> suggests using void casts for this warning, and we have an
Kaveh> established practice of doing so.
OK; good to know.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting http://www.markmitchell.com