This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs/gcc internal errors in the recent snapshot
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: egcs/gcc internal errors in the recent snapshot
- From: Torbjorn Granlund <tege at matematik dot su dot se>
- Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 02:14:09 +0100
- cc: "Alexander L. Belikoff" <abel at bfr dot co dot il>, egcs-bugs at egcs dot cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com, "Jeffrey A. Law" <law at cygnus dot com>
When I reported the problem with 1.1.2 I tried that change to and it sure
seems to solve the problem. But the comment about how this can hurt code
quality made me not submit it.
Have you considered other possibilities, such as pretending that moves
between the register banks are very expensive? I didn't pursue this, and I
have no opinion whether it may be effective.