This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A warning patch for config/sparc/*
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: A warning patch for config/sparc/*
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at hurl dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 -0700
- cc: rth at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199903021617.LAA08404@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
> This patch fixes warnings arising from files in config/sparc/*.
> Okay to install?
> Tue Mar 2 11:00:19 1999 Kaveh R. Ghazi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * gmon-sol2.c: Include config.h and system.h. Don't redundantly
> include system header files.
> (sccsid): Mark with ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED.
> (moncontrol, monstartup, _mcleanup, internal_mcount): Prototype.
> (_mcleanup): Add the `const' keyword to a char*.
> (internal_mcount): Explicitly define the return type of `etext'.
> Cast `etext' to char* when calling `monstartup'.
This reminds me of a long-standing bug report.
In the effort to remove warnings, we made moncontrol static in gmon-sol2.c
which may not be a good idea -- I think that's supposed to be an externally
visible function so that the user's code can enable/disable profiling. We've
had at least one bug report on this.