This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Typo spotted. (was: i386 ashlsi3 improvements)
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Subject: Re: Typo spotted. (was: i386 ashlsi3 improvements)
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at hurl dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:29:49 -0700
- cc: egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.BSF.4.02A.email@example.com>you write
> I guess this was more what was intended.
> (Complete patch with ChangeLog for reasons of convention only.)
> Tue Mar 9 22:45:43 1999 Hans-Peter Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/i386/i386.md [ashlhi3 - 2]: Fix typo in last change.
Thanks. Good catch. Installed.
It turns out that code will need a little more work. After some discussions
with rth I think the current way we split for ppro is not what we want to do.
My docs showed a reg->reg move as 2ups, which is incorrect. A reg->reg move
is a single uop. This changes how we want to generate code for some shifts
on the PPro.