This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A Linux/libc 5 patch for egcs 1.1.2
- To: hjl at varesearch dot com (H.J. Lu)
- Subject: Re: A Linux/libc 5 patch for egcs 1.1.2
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at hurl dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:06:32 -0700
- cc: drepper at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <m10IxIE-000AUZC@shanghai.varesearch.com>you write:
> > Again, provide analysis, do not just assert that everything is OK.
> I have been working on libio for almost 10 years. When I say it
> is ok, it is most likely ok. You don't know what you are talking
> about. Just shut up and listen to me and Ulrich on libio. Period.
I will not simply take your word that things are OK because you are often
wrong. Until that changes I can not simply take your word that things are
Maybe you can convince Ulrich to do that, but if you send a patch that you
expect me to look at it must have an analysis of the problem and an
explanation of the solution. Otherwise it will be ignored.
Telling me to shut up accomplishes nothing.