This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A Linux/libc 5 patch for egcs 1.1.2
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: A Linux/libc 5 patch for egcs 1.1.2
- From: hjl at varesearch dot com (H.J. Lu)
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 08:46:20 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: drepper at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
> In message <m10IqJQ-000AUZC@shanghai.varesearch.com>you write:
> > All those functions have the leading '_'. That means
> > they are internal to libio. If a user uses them, they
> > get what they deserve. You can ask Ulrich why they are
> > gone. My guesses are
> Just because a function has a leading underscore doesn't mean it's not a
> potential problem function. The symbol that started this whole discussion
> was _IO_putc! Note the leading underscore.
Ulrich, please explain this to Jeff. I give up.