This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New stddef.h, please test
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at rabi dot columbia dot edu>
- Subject: Re: New stddef.h, please test
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 01:02:12 -0700
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199902010215.VAA23016@blastula.phys.columbia.edu>you write:
> I have rewritten stddef.h. The new version is easier to read, doesn't
> defeat the multiple include optimization in cpplib, is namespace clean
> under -ansi (wint_t is not allowed per C89/C9x), and should still
> cooperate with all the myriad system libraries it needs to.
> The patch is unreadable, so I've just attached the new file. It
> should drop into ginclude/ and cause no problems. Please test it.
Have you received much feedback on this? Cleaning up stddef.h has been one
of those things in the back of my mind for a long time -- simply because it
is so (*&@&#$ difficult to fix problems related to stddef.h
I'd like to consider this for inclusion after egcs-1.2 branches.