This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Recent reload_cse_regs change
- To: Bernd Schmidt <crux at pool dot informatik dot rwth-aachen dot de>
- Subject: Re: Recent reload_cse_regs change
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at hurl dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 21:08:00 -0700
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.GSO.4.02A.email@example.com
[ ... ] >
> Here, the earlyclobbered reg edi is used in the address of one of the
> inputs. This causes the compiler to blow up later when it calls
> constrain_operands for this insn.
> I suggest the following patch. Similar code already exists in
> * reload1.c (reload_cse_regs_1): Undo Jan 16 patch.
> * reload.c (find_reusable_reload): New function, broken out of
> push_reload. Add code to verify that none of the involved
> outputs are subject to earlyclobbers.
> (push_reload): Break out new function find_reusable_reload.
> Delete "register" keyword for IN, OUT args.
I've installed this patch.