This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs, possible c++/g++ bug, accessing uninitialized var + PATCH
- To: davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com
- Subject: Re: egcs, possible c++/g++ bug, accessing uninitialized var + PATCH
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:29:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, jason at cygnus dot com
> From: "David S. Miller" <email@example.com>
> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:44:10 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> In tracking down one warning about an uninitialized
> variable, it appeared that this one clearly was getting accessed
> before being set.
> Please track these down for real.
Er, I thought that's exactly what I did.
> There are some apparent bugs in
> flow, Mark Mitchell has made note of these cases too, which cause
> these bogon warnings to be generated.
I'm not sure that's relevant here. I said in my report (see
above) that this wasn't a bogon warning. Visual inspection shows that
flow correctly flagged the spot. My hesitation was whether my patch was
right, not whether the warning was appropriate.
> I plan to look into this when time permits...
> David S. Miller
Okay great. Fixing flow would be a big win.
Kaveh R. Ghazi Engagement Manager / Project Services
email@example.com Icon CMT Corp.