This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to support #pragma pack(push,<n>) and #pragma pack(pop)
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at cygnus dot com>, law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Patch to support #pragma pack(push,<n>) and #pragma pack(pop)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:11:03 -0700
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, mark at markmitchell dot com, scox at cygnus dot com, burley at gnu dot org, brolley at cygnus dot com
- References: <199809211752.KAA00329@elmo.cygnus.com>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 10:52:57AM -0700, Nick Clifton wrote:
> The main reason that I have to link in c-pragma.o is that it now
> defines the global variable 'weak_decls' which is referenced in
> varasm.o, *even if* pragmas are not actually being used by the front
> I could undo this change, and move 'weak_decls' back into varasm.c
> (which is where it was originally defined), which would mean not
> having to modify the Chill/Fortran makefiles.
That seems best -- including c-pragma.o starts you down the
slippery road to hopelessly entangling f771 and cc1.