This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new alias sets from the backend
- To: law at cygnus dot com, mark at markmitchell dot com
- Subject: Re: new alias sets from the backend
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 23:24:10 -0700
- Cc: rth at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <199809210251.TAA17652@smtp.earthlink.net> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Sun, Sep 20, 1998 at 10:55:04PM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Right. varargs/stdargs by their nature tend to create aliased memory
> accesses which C claims can't/shouldn't happen.
> Consider the register flush and the loads via va_arg.
Exactly. My thought being to force both of these to use the
same alias set, and so resolve these problems, as well as
indicating that they don't interfere with anything else.