This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-CVS19980910, bootstrap failure in libchill + patch
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: egcs-CVS19980910, bootstrap failure in libchill + patch
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 01:25:51 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199809110120.VAA18082@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
> When bootstrapping today's (19980910) checkout, I got the
> following error in the libchill directory:
> > creating cache ./config.cache
> > ./configure: =: not found
> > make: *** [configure-target-libchill] Error 127
> I believe this occurs because configure.in uses "if [ ]"
> instead of "if test" and square brackets happen to be special
> characters. When m4 processes configure.in they are stripped out.
> Here's a patch. Okay to install?
> Thu Sep 10 21:17:57 1998 Kaveh R. Ghazi <email@example.com>
> * configure.in: Use "if test" instead of "if [ ]".
OK. You might check libio, libstdc++ & libiberty since the code for
libchill's multilib configure gunk was stolen from those other