This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bounds checking for egcs
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: bounds checking for egcs
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:55:06 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, Herman ten Brugge <Haj dot Ten dot Brugge at net dot HCC dot nl>
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org
> On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Herman ten Brugge wrote:
> > Richard Jones and I want to make our bounds-checking code patch available
> > to egcs. The latest patch for egcs-1.1a can be found at:
> > "http://web.inter.NL.net/hcc/Haj.Ten.Brugge/bounds-checking-egcs-1.1a-1.0
> Great! Is there any specific reason why this patch (perhaps with some,
> hopefully minor, modifications) should not go directly into the actual
> development tree of egcs and this be included in future releases?
Based on my high level review of the bounded pointers and bounds
checking patches, I think we want to go with bounded pointers scheme
from Greg McGary.