This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-2.92.02 19980905 (m68k-next-nextstep3): Address of hoisted load clobbered
- To: mark at markmitchell dot com, rth at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: egcs-2.92.02 19980905 (m68k-next-nextstep3): Address of hoisted load clobbered
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:23:43 -0700
- Cc: toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl, egcs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <9809081720.AA20695@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> <19980909005126.A21382@dot.cygnus.com> <199809091530.IAA06032@smtp.earthlink.net>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 08:30:36AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> That's right; reload does stomp all over MEMs, and they should not be
> shared. I forgot about this. The bit to hoist the loads has the same
> problem, actually.
I don't think so. The mem you create was installed only two places --
at the beginning of the loop for the load, and the end of the loop for
the store. So the one copy is all we should need.