This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH Finding gas
- To: oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br
- Subject: Re: PATCH Finding gas
- From: "Eric Schweitz" <schweitz at nortel dot ca>
- Date: 09 Sep 1998 09:04 EDT
- Cc: law at cygnus dot com, nathan at acm dot org, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
I like the --with-as=/path/name/as idea for the configuration. This
would allow the config script(s) to do the "right thing" for a given
environment. Flexibility. The potential is there to eliminate both
having to create symbolic links to the desired toolset to use for
building and also installing programs which surprisingly don't work
after they've seemingly been built correctly.
It gives a desirable bit of control back to the sysadmin IMHO.