This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Warnings in the C++ Front-End and GCC in General
- To: manfred at s-direktnet dot de, Manfred dot Hollstein at ks dot sel dot alcatel dot de
- Subject: Re: Warnings in the C++ Front-End and GCC in General
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 22:01:52 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: mark at markmitchell dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, egcs at cygnus dot com, jason at cygnus dot com
> First of all, thank you very much, Mark! I really like the idea of
> turning warnings on and off from inside the source files; and I agree,
> using #pragma is the way to go!
When this principle is applied to system include files, this could well
lead to a fixunclude orgy. We should keep in mind that there is a point
where it is better to simply supress some warnings in system header files,
rather than trying to add gcc-specific #pragmas to every header file.