This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: x86 PIC regressions
- To: rth at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: x86 PIC regressions
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 19:35:04 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: law at cygnus dot com, rth at cygnus dot com, robertl at dgii dot com, hjl at lucon dot org, egcs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
> > If we can stop reload from creating new references into the static
> > store or constant pool don't most of these problems go away?
> Either that, or teach reload that it might have to do something
> more to fix up the problem. Which actually gets mighty confusing
> with, say, the PIC register in a pseudo.
Have you looked if this could be done with secondary reloads?