This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-CVS19980905, warning patches & __noreturn__ attribute.
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: egcs-CVS19980905, warning patches & __noreturn__ attribute.
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 02:07:07 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199809052325.TAA22105@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
> Here are some more warning fixes, mainly in toplev.c. However
> I've also begun to make use of the __noreturn__ attribute in toplev.h.
> The motivation being that according to the docs, marking functions with
> __noreturn__ allows for slightly better optimization and also helps
> reduce spurious uninitialized variable warnings.
> Okay to install?
Yes. It looks good to me.