This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fortran LDFLAGS cleanup
- To: d dot love at dl dot ac dot uk
- Subject: Re: fortran LDFLAGS cleanup
- From: Craig Burley <burley at gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:48:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Cc: burley at gnu dot org
>OK to commit to the trunk?
>1998-09-04 Dave Love <email@example.com>
> * Makefile.in (LDFLAGS): Set from BOOT_LDFLAGS.
> (F771_LDFLAGS): Dispensed with.
Not without testing it..."yer good, but not *that* good".... ;-)
In particular, the above line makes me wonder how it can work,
since $LDFLAGS will presumably expand to the literal string
"BOOT_LDFLAGS" rather than the expansion of the BOOT_LDFLAGS
Otherwise, it will be real nice to have this cleaned up a bit,
as I really don't like machine-specific stuff in "portable"
files like Make-lang.in and such. Thanks!
tq vm, (burley)