This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Upgrading to SGI's current STL?
- To: Kevin Atkinson <kevina at clark dot net>
- Subject: Re: Upgrading to SGI's current STL?
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:11:43 +0200 (MET DST)
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>> At this point in time, after the 1.1 release, how about upgrading to
>> the current STL from SGI?
> I think that is a good idea. However, if you decide to wait until 1.2
> I *strongly* recommend you fix the two bugs I pointed out
The new STL will not appear on the 1.1 branch (This was a decision made by
egcs' maintainer Jeff Law <email@example.com> to avoid any further delays for
1.1 some month ago)...
> If you want I can send you by a copy of my program that causes the bug.
...but if you provide both a test program and a patch for this problem,
I believe there is a good chance that you patch will be included in
further releases on the 1.1 branch.
(Note, though, that it's definitely not upon me to make this decision.)
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) Vienna University of Technology