This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to simple_cst_equal
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patch to simple_cst_equal
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:25:34 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199807270802.BAA05250@yorick.cygnus.com>you write:
> This is necessary to support a fix for a serious C++ bug; a "function-style
> cast" A() is supposed to create a temporary A initialized to 0. I've
> implemented this by initializing it with an empty CONSTRUCTOR, but if that
> gets back to simple_cst_equal, we have a problem.
> This fix is pretty simplistic, but it gets the job done.
> Mon Jul 27 00:54:41 1998 Jason Merrill <email@example.com>
> * tree.c (simple_cst_equal, case CONSTRUCTOR): OK if the elts are
Seems reasonable to me. Can you install it into the main sources
and the branch?