This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The library interface again
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: The library interface again
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:27:46 -0600
- cc: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu), egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> >>>>> Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com> writes:
> > In message <m0z0rBf-00038iC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
> >> > For folks where this issue is indeed a problem, we should inform them
> >> > about the option to place the library & include files in $libsubdir
> >> > (and of course note the caveats for using that option).
> >> That is not a best solution. For system without shared library,
> >> it is a waste of disk space. For ELF, it is not necessary.
> > I think the libsubdir is the best short term (egcs-1.1) solution.
> I think the status quo is the best solution for egcs-1.1. The libsubdir
> stuff is counterproductive for end users.
I can live with that too :-)