This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A patch for Makefile.in
- To: Andi Kleen <ak at muc dot de>
- Subject: Re: A patch for Makefile.in
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:36:21 -0600
- cc: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu), egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <email@example.com>you write:
> > I'm open to thoughts & comments from the list on this topic.
> I'm not sure why you want this.
Because when people call cpp directly it bypasses the specs handling
in the compiler, which is the preferred way to handle predefines and
If folks had been calling cpp indirectly via gcc, when we would not
have had the -Di386 fiasco for example.