This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [egcs 1.1] Fix gcc.c handling of %O vis-a-vis temp files
- To: Craig Burley <burley at gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: [egcs 1.1] Fix gcc.c handling of %O vis-a-vis temp files
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:40:43 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, d dot love at dl dot ac dot uk
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199807261855.OAA08052@melange.gnu.org>you write:
> This fixes, possibly among other things, `g77 -v' so it finishes.
> (The problem was that each %g%O was being given an entirely new
> temp file name.)
This is the desired behavior now. Each time you compile a file you
use a new set of temporary files.
Is there some reason we can not fix g77 to DTRT?