This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: minor install nit
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: minor install nit
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:31:17 -0600
- cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at cs dot bris dot ac dot uk>, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.980702152040.26112Ffirstname.lastname@example.org
> On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> markab:~% install-info --version
> GNU install-info (Texinfo 3.9) 1.2
> In the meantime, Dave Love has made the corresponding commands
> ``fail-safe'', as I just noticed, so now you only get
An interesting thing to look at might be to use the version of
install-info that should be built from the texinfo code included
> In any case, my patch below is a cleaner solution in that it prevents
> the errors instead of simply ignoring them.
> Fri Jul 24 18:59:56 1998 Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com>
> * Makefile.in (install-info): Only try to update the info
> directory file if it exists in the first place.
Agreed and installed on in the mainline sources and the egcs-1.1 branch.