This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fortran frontend killed bootstrap (again)
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fortran frontend killed bootstrap (again)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 20:49:34 +0200 (MET DST)
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
>> Tue Jul 14 21:35:30 1998 Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * Makefile.in (all): Invoke $(MAKE) instead of just make.
> Thanks. Installed onto the branch and the mainline sources.
It seems that you did not install the ChangeLog entry. Was this
intentional (i.e., by some GNU rules)?
Personally I don't mind, but for real fixes (This problem caused bootstrap
failures) I find ChangeLogs entries quite helpful. E.g. I usually check
ChangeLogs whether there has been some change that might have fixed a bug
I have encountered before I finally submit a report and -- unlike with CVS
-- one can easily detect and contact someone by means of personal mail if
some question arises.
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) Vienna University of Technology