This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to rs6000.md, comments?
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH to rs6000.md, comments?
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:13:15 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <email@example.com>you write:
> You know, I (and others) mentioned this issue a few times on the list with
> no response, and then you came around like "this won't be fixed". Probably I had
> not enough information to panic, but I tried to get this information ;-)
I must have missed that discussion, but I think Jim & rth did the right
I think the warning is reasonable for the development tree since it
does point out something that we should address -- especially since
I believe it's an easy "bug" to fix in the backends.
I guess the way to look at it is folks using CVS or the snapshots ought
to be able to deal with this issue. Either by fixing the backend and
contributing the code or disabling the warning locally.
Releases are a different beast since most folks using them are not on
the egcs lists and thus have no state on the "problem".
> I will disable the warning to get reasonable testsuite results.
And I'll put it on the todo list for the egcs-1.1 release :-)