This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reload bug
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at issan dot informatik dot uni-dortmund dot de>
- Subject: Re: Reload bug
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:39:33 -0600
- cc: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> |> It's not that I think your fix is incorrect, however I'd like to have
> |> a test case to get a better idea of what is going wrong.
> The problem was that there was an insn of the form
> (set (zero_extract ...) (const_int 0))
> and find_reg_equiv was called with goal == (const_int 0). true_regnum
> returns -1 for zero_extract, thus the value of
> reg_overlap_mentioned_for_reload_p doesn't matter anyway.
Also note that whatever testcase you have will not abort with the
current compiler since it knows (const_int 0) will not overlap with