This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ICE980331 *2 with egcs-2.91.47 19980710
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: ICE980331 *2 with egcs-2.91.47 19980710
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 14 Jul 1998 11:29:05 -0700
- Cc: Martin von Loewis <martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>, Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com> writes:
> Frankly, I'd prefer to see this function just zero out the whole bloody
> structure. Presumably we don't do that because this function is time
> critical for the C++ front end.
You're too generous. Never assume there's a good reason for bad code. :)
search.c is mostly very old code, and any cleanup is almost certainly a