This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: f77 patch for hostname
- To: Craig Burley <burley at gnu dot org>, robertl at dgii dot com
- Subject: Re: f77 patch for hostname
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:15:07 -0700
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, d dot love at dl dot ac dot uk
- References: <19980705235230.A21896@dgii.com> <199807071408.KAA16286@melange.gnu.org>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 10:08:26AM -0400, Craig Burley wrote:
> Also, does this fix imply we should do something about getting
> the g77 driver to automatically provide `-lsocket' on the command
> line, e.g. `-lg2c -lsocket -lm' or `-lg2c -lm -lsocket' if such
> a library exists?
No. On the systems in which -lsocket is needed, it is FAQ.
Adding it by default would penalize all fortran programs
except the rare bird that calls hostnm with an unneeded
shared library to load.