This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: clean bug in Fortran
- To: mrs at wrs dot com (Mike Stump)
- Subject: Re: clean bug in Fortran
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 21:58:57 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199807062317.QAA17710@kankakee.wrs.com>you write:
> I got:
> cd testsuite; make all ...
> make: *** No rule to make target `libF77/Makefile', needed by `stamp-lib
> f77'. Stop.
> make: *** [all-target-libf2c] Error 2
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> After doing a make clean in libf2c. If you don't like the below, then
> you'll need a Makefile that can reconfigure and rebuild the Makefile.
> Here's the simpler patch:
> 1998-07-06 Mike Stump <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * Makefile.in (clean): Don't remove Makefiles, that is done in
Thanks. I've installed this patch.
The "clean" targets shouldn't be removing generated files like Makefile
and config.status. If they do, they are wrong according to the GNU coding