This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: loop optimizations, mark 12[a]
- To: law at cygnus dot com, Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: loop optimizations, mark 12[a]
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 17:42:46 -0700
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, egcs at cygnus dot com, jay dot estabrook at digital dot com
- References: <19980706091616.A12625@dot.cygnus.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 06:22:57PM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Odd as I thought I'd done the test correctly -- ie test without the
> patch, apply the patch and retest.
Know that there is an enormous variance in the results from one run
to the next with identical binaries. This may be attributable to
cache lossage from the Linux kernel not doing page colouring.
What we need in order to verify this hypothesis is for someone with
a PC164 (or close equivalent -- alphaserver 1000) running Digital Unix
to run 145.fpppp and report the results along with the variance across
three to five runs.