This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-2.91.45, alpha trampoline changes break openvms port
- To: "Richard Henderson" <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: egcs-2.91.45, alpha trampoline changes break openvms port
- From: "Klaus Kaempf" <kkaempf at rmi dot de>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 12:09:13 +0200
- Cc: "egcs patches list" <egcs-patches at cygnus dot com>
- Reply-To: "Klaus Kaempf" <kkaempf at rmi dot de>
>Hum. Ok, I've hacked around it for the moment. I ought to go back
>and fix it up correctly, I guess.
>Actually, ought I be using convert_to_mode there in the tramp
For the moment (and the egcs 1.1 feature freeze), I'd not hack too much on it.
These Pmode/ptr_mode bugs are in gcc/egcs at some places, the whole exception
stuff is full of it.
The tramp initializer does it right, it's the parameters (tramp, fnaddr, cxt)
which are DImode (==Pmode), so the callers must be changed. But anyway, the
openvms trampoline template assumes 64bit pointers and egcs works with the
Klaus Kaempf email@example.com
D-52064 Aachen Yes, my email account changed.