This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: combine.c patch
- To: Alasdair Baird <alasdair at wildcat dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: combine.c patch
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 01:53:41 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199806282006.VAA15642@wildcat.demon.co.uk>you write:
> While browsing combine.c I noticed the following, where SUBREG_REG
> was not being applied to a SUBREG as it should be.
> In this part of code, both op0 and op1 are of the form:
> (ADD:m (SUBREG:m (...)) (CONST_INT ...))
> In both cases inner_op0 and inner_op1 are the (SUBREG:m (...)) part
> that SUBREG_REG can validly be applied to.
> This change causes no regressions on the i386 platform.
> Sun Jun 28 20:59:35 BST 1998 Alasdair Baird <firstname.lastname@example.org
> * combine.c (simplify_comparison): Apply SUBREG_REG to SUBREGs.
Thanks. I installed this patch. I was hoping it would fix a bug recently
introduced in this code, but sadly it didn't.
ps. This is exactly the kind of thing it would be nice to have the
RTL accessor macros check their args like we do for tree accessor
macros. One day...... :-)