Re: how to prevent gcc from generating GOT references

On 1/22/19 5:51 PM, Alexander Monakov wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019, David Livshin wrote:

Doesn't seems to solve the problem - while compiling with '-no-pie' or
'-fno-pie',  gcc still generating @GOT* ( and @PLT ) references ( on Ubuntu ).

Hm, I don't have an easy access to new Ubuntu systems, and indeed it seems
-no-pie might not work; but -fno-pie should work nevertheless.

It would help if you'd show output of 'gcc -v' and a short self-contained
testcase exhibiting the problem.

Alexander

Unfortunately I myself don't have an easy access to Ununtu system - using it occasionally on the cloud. Also, after compiling with the -[f]no-pie flags I was unable to link the generated objects - don't remember the exact wording of the error message but it was requesting to recompile the sources using -fPIC.

As I generate the assembly files and then parse them ( see www.dalsoft.com ) I decided to deal with the problem during parsing - will adopt the parser to ignore these problematic symbols.

Thank you for your help.

David