This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help : MinGW GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) Ver. 8.2.0.
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: bteddy1 <bteddy1 at mail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:22:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: Help : MinGW GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) Ver. 8.2.0.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH6eHdQMQAxVw-=iqE1H8bfhO7iE90bXH9mJsovDRho9Jremail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 17:47, bteddy1 <email@example.com> wrote:
> I need the locations of the standard libraries and headers for gcc and g++.
> I am asking because they are not known and I need to tell the compiler and
> linker where to look.
Then something is wrong with your GCC build. GCC knows how to find
them automatically (as I already said).
> I don't need some one to diagnose any problems.
Well apparently you do. If GCC doesn't know where to find those files
then there's a problem. Telling it how to find them won't fix that
But apparently you know best.
> Just to let me know where are the
> standard libraries and headers for gcc.
> standard libraries and headers for g++.
I can tell you where they are on my computer, but that won't help you
because I don't know how you built and installed it (you *did* install
it, right? As in ran "make install"?)