Re: Nvptx GPU offloading using OpenMP4 and GCC 7.2

Hi Alexander,

Thanks so much for your quick reply, it was spot on!

For others who might encounter the same issue:
- I did have a newer version of binutils already installed, so I prepended the ../bin and ../lib of this binutils to my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, respectively. Considering your remark that the old binutils doesn't support plugins, I think this is exactly what the warning I got earlier pointed to.
- I removed the --disable-multilib option from the nvptx GCC configuration step.
- I added the --enable-plugins to the host GCC configure options (I couldn't find this as a configure option though on https://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html, nor on the instructions in https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Offloading ?)
- I compiled my test program with the new gcc, making sure the new binutils ../bin and ../lib are still in my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, respectively.

Now, everything works (although there was an initial error in my openMP program: I still had to map A, B and C to the target memory).

Thanks again!

With regards,

Caspar van Leeuwen