LTO ltrans name mangling in GCC 4.8.2

Hello,

Aiming for a deterministic build, one of the last walls I hit is the LTO (-fwhole-program -flto -fuse-linker-plugin).

When running
strings < /path/to/binary
for two different build runs and diff them, I get differences like
"ccV3ggwx.ltrans0.o"   vs.   "cchJIW0p.ltrans0.o"

Why is the ltrans mangling some names like this? Can I somehow force it deterministic?

I can use link switch -s to strip this information, but if I want to include the debug info, this will not be possible.

-Lassi N.