Difficulty building GCC 7.1 on Bash for Windows 16.04

Hi,

I'm having difficulty building GCC 7.1 on Bash for Windows 16.04. I
used to be able to build trunk prior to the Creator's Update, but now
get the error below. Interestingly, I successfully built on Arch Linux
last night.

```
Configuring stage 1 in ./mpc
configure.ac:4: error: version mismatch.  This is Automake 1.15,
configure.ac:4: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.ac:4: comes from Automake 1.14.1.  You should recreate
configure.ac:4: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
WARNING: 'automake-1.14' is probably too old.
         You should only need it if you modified 'Makefile.am' or
         'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.
         The 'automake' program is part of the GNU Automake package:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake>
         It also requires GNU Autoconf, GNU m4 and Perl in order to run:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf>
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/m4/>
         <http://www.perl.org/>
```

I haven't made any modifications (so I wasn't aware this would be necessary).
When I run aclocal and automake, I get this:

```
configure.ac:33: error: Please use exactly Autoconf 2.64 instead of 2.69.
config/override.m4:12: _GCC_AUTOCONF_VERSION_CHECK is expanded from...
configure.ac:33: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: error: echo failed with exit status: 1
```

This means that I need to build automake from scratch, but building
automake 1.14.1 has its own complications that are probably outside of
this list's scope.

Just wondering if anyone has overcome a similar problem on Bash for
Windows or Ubuntu 16.04? I've attached the logs that I think are
relevant.

Cheers,

Chris