Re: illegal instruction (CPU mismatch)

>> Specifically, the 6380 has the following flags while 6282 doesn't have them
>>

>> fma, f16c, tch, tce, tbm and bmi1
>>

>> Problem is that, I have compiled OpenMPI and another program (which is written in Fortran) on the frontend. When issue the run via MPI, the compute node fails with an illegal instruction

I believe many AMD processors lack BMI, BMI2, ADX, etc. I don't know
about that particular model.

Try adding -mno-bmi to your CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to clear the BMI/BMI2 issue.

I don't know about the other cpu flags. GCC is good about taking a cpu
feature, like ADX, and using -madx and -mno-adx. An exception is
RDRAND, whits omits the A for some reason; you use -mrdrnd.

Jeff