Re: Problem with -m64 on Solaris 11

On 8 September 2016 at 17:11, Sascha Frick wrote:
> It seems that the -m64 option, which is necessary for compiling and
> linking makes some problems when the assembler is
> being started. Is there a way to prevent gcc from adding -m64 to the
> assembly process?

If GCC is adding flags that don't work with the assembler then it
suggests to me that the assembler is not the same one that was present
when GCC was configured (GCC should know the right flags  to use).

Did someone install GCC, and then later change the binutils that is
installed? When you say "live with what is there", how did they get
there?