Re: gcc testsuite not marking stabs tests as unsupported

On 06/20/2016 04:00 PM, Tim Prince wrote:
My impression is that coff isn't supported on Windows either, yet there
are a few tests which always fail.
I thought PE-COFF was the native format for Windows. ANd yes, it's likely there are tests which fail on the cygwin/mingw targets that ought to be xfailed or twiddled so that they pass. THat's not terribly uncommon for targets that do not get a lot of GCC developer attention.

Another impression I have is that several Windows targets get a fair
amount of usage, with both good and not-so-good binaries available, but
relatively little posting on testresults.
Very true. The Windows targets have always been a bit problematical because it's not what most of the GCC developers use, but they do represent a significant part of the user community.

It's gotten worse lately as Kai, our Windows target maintainer, has largely left the GCC project. We have someone new that will be helping with Windows targets and hopefully things will improve.

Jeff