This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Needed help to resolve Binutils Build problem
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, "promila.jangra" <promila dot jangra at cdot dot in>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>, promi dot jangra at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 09:32:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: Needed help to resolve Binutils Build problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160520064631 dot M41087 at cdot dot in> <CAH6eHdSSZywJt3eNjp1HoaYHh0EHkdPp5CtJc3kCa-4XtRojeA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 05/20/2016 01:44 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 20 May 2016 at 07:49, promila.jangra wrote:
I am trying to install binutils-2.24 on Debian 8.4 to build gcc cross-compiler for
Binutils is not part of GCC, so you should have asked on the binutils
mailing list instead.
If you configure with --disable-werror then that diagnostic will only
be a warning, not an error.
This kind of issue comes up commonly when trying to build older code
with newer compilers. I've long held the opinion that -Werror, while
good for development is wrong for releases.