This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: I want to get all of compile error message list of gcc about C language.
- From: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- To: ìíì <yhs1203 at gmail dot com>, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 11:15:36 -0600
- Subject: Re: I want to get all of compile error message list of gcc about C language.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <11F0A8EE-9F8D-474B-BFE5-82F3C81B1AA6 at gmail dot com>
On 05/16/2016 12:31 AM, ìíì wrote:
Hello. I'm student of Dankook University in South Korea.
I'm studying about C compiler for increasing software quality.
So I want to get all of compile error message list of gcc about C language.
I was trying to find it. But I can't find it anywhere.
Only I can get part of it.
As Jonathan already said, the messages are in the source code
itself. You can either grep GCC sources for them, or you can
view the gcc.pot file generated from the GCC sources by the
Translation Project. The file and its translations into
various languages are stored in the GCC repository here:
Many of the messages are likely to only make sense in the context
of the program they are issued for and the compiler options used
to compiler it, and not so much on their own.