This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Errors building mozilla thunderbird 38.7.0 with gcc 6
- From: Daniel Letai <dani at letai dot org dot il>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 12:16:34 +0300
- Subject: Re: Errors building mozilla thunderbird 38.7.0 with gcc 6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <572B0C75 dot 7050001 at letai dot org dot il> <CAH6eHdT36-JciOE-arq0fDA=QcivZ9por7FpVK5eNkE=cUtZPg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdTWWu4SXJUNvKivdx2bPtFCw1p75hTPO2JbJky6x4gSuQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Thanks for the info, I'll review he porting page.
On 05/05/2016 12:11 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 5 May 2016 at 10:08, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 5 May 2016 at 10:03, Daniel Letai wrote:
I could be wrong but it appears there are 2 distinct errors - in gcc6 itself
(specifically in header files) and in thunderbird (although this version
does compile with gcc 4.8.2)
Background - rebuilding the thunderbird 38.7.0 rpm (from redhat) using gcc6
and binutild 2.26 in RHEL 6.7
I'm wandering if this is a result of moving to std-14 as default and thus
not a bug, or if there is some issue with stdlib.h/cstdlib ?
The heaer problem is a bug in the mozilla code, see
And the other problem is probably due to not finding the right
headers, so is the same problem.
If not, then the call to abs(sl) might need to be adjusted to pass an
integer, not a double.
Both of these issues are documented at https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html