Re: Standardized instructions for cross-compiling toolchain?

I think the reason we went with crosstool-ng in the past is that we
are using a custom built distribution based on a vanilla kernel and
some various open source/IP added on top. Over time, we have needed to
upgrade gcc/glibc to pick up changes/CVEs, etc. Given that, I don't
think we can simply leverage the target files of another available
distribution and expect it to plug into ours cleanly for the purposes
of rebuilding gcc. For example, I could go grab the target files for
another distribution, e.g. Ubuntu or Red Hat or similar, but they
probably have dependencies that I don't think we can safely meet, like
being built with minimum kernel versions that we do not have. Suffice
to say our current state of affairs need improving, but those are more
long-term goals.

I think I'm going to have to dig into this a bit more, as the more I
think about it, the more I think we are stuck continuing to build our
own toolchains the hard way. Appreciate your help though.