Re: include files

On 03/24/2016 10:54 AM, Bob Gardenier wrote:
Hallo,
This is the second mail on the same subject. Eason: the first mail contained non plain text.
Now, I have copied the same information by hand:

In all my source files the # include statement produces the same error (with different names):

/ONTW/C/GEN/SRC_F/DB.C (or other names)  : FATAL ERROR: DB.IMP: FILE NOT FOUND

As far as I know, I have not changed anything in
- the include statements
- in the UNIX scripts
- the CPATH variable\

I have two questions:
- Can the compiler publish the search paths, being used. and how?

Compiling a file with the -v option shows the preprocessor search
path.  Look for the following lines in the output:

  #include "..." search starts here:
  #include <...> search starts here:

As Jonathan mentioned, though, the message you copied above doesn't
match the error GCC prints for a missing file on common (UNIX-like)
systems.  GCC usually prints something like:

    x.c:2:21: fatal error: foo/bar.h: No such file or directory

The "No such file or directory" is the output of strerror(errno),
which is the usual Linux/UNIX string corresponding to the ENOENT
<errno.h> constant.

The capitalization and the "FILE NOT FOUND" string make it look
like the output of some other tool on some non-Linux/UNIX system.

Martin

PS If you capitalized the strings for emphasis and it's actually
in lowercase then the output matches what Clang prints.