Questions on Microsoft C Exceptions, Gcc, and Gdb

Gentle People:

I am working on a rather large application based on GTK / Cairo using Mingw GCC for the MS Windows platform. Debugging has gone well for some time finding and fixing a significant number of bugs including crash bugs.

However given a fairly complex multi - thread architecture I am having trouble with GDB finding the specific code location of code crash bugs. In many cases Mingw GDB dose not seem usable. (due to the multi - threaded
architecture?). or my lack of GDB skill?

Now the question? Given the Mingw GCC / GDB environment running on Windows: Is there a simple way to find the crash point in the code? MS claims an exception! Is there a way to attach an exception handler to print out more information about the crash point? Please note that I am aware of C Exceptions throw and catch which
require implementation in the code.

MS dose provide a Exception Offset when the crash occurs. Is there any way to use gdb or other tool to find the crash point in the code. Disassembler? Do the exception addresses match the offsets found in a tool such as a
disassembler?

Thanks for help or ideas.
Thomas Dineen