gcov & va_arg

I am using gcov to evaluate my unitary test coverage.
gcov considers that va_arg statements generates one code branch
whereas my code itsef do not introduce any branch.

I have tried to analyse the generated assembler... but this is too
complex for me.

I would need explaination why gcc is generating code branch with
va_arg and how i could test the other branch and/or prevent gcc/gcov
too consider va_arg calls as code branch.

JÃrÃme